This coming week is a little exciting: I'm driving off to New York on Sunday and heading to Blogfest! On the 6 hour drive down to Manhattan, which I love for the breathtaking scenery of Upstate NY, I'll be indulging in one of my favorite guilty pleasures: cranking the volume and singing along to my favorite cheezy top 40 songs (ok I'm embarrassed now)! I may bring an audiobook along as well to make me feel a little more educated.
The point is, I LOVE long drives by myself. It's one of the few times I get to reflect, relax and enjoy the ride. So when I had the chance to fly or drive, it wasn't even a question. Besides: carry-on versus car space? Hello? I'll keep you updated along the way, but while I get ready for this week of mayhem, feel free to indulge in this week's worthy links.
1. Franki shared an article on allowing yourself to succeed
2. Naomi showed us the new John Robshaw collection for Duralee, some of these fabrics are YUM!
3. Victoria shared a simple yet totally gorgeous DIY. She has the eye!
4. I discovered a new designer crush thanks to Nancy. Traditional with a definite twist.
5. Two wise words to learn from this stunning apartment: statement and continuity. Thanks to Christina for sharing.
6. Jessica shared a brilliant 5$ DIY project!
7. Becka shared an interesting article on how to stay married for 15 years! Purely refreshing.