1. Lighting should be on either side of the bed, as well as in at least one other place, always at eye level.
2. Painting the inside of lampshades pink or using soft pink bulbs will create a really flattering light. Something to definitely consider in the bedroom!
3. Ceiling lighting in a bedroom is useless and unflattering so consider getting rid of it.
4. If you're doing sconces as bedside lighting, they should be about 4-6 inches away from the bed on each side, and 24-30 inches above the bed (that is the mattress), depending on headboard height.
5. Also make sure you can control all lights both from the doorway and from the bed. Nothing is more annoying than finding your way around in the dark or having to get up to turn the lights off. And always use dimmers.
What are your tips for the lighting a bedroom? Please share!