Photo credit: Richard_Hollander
Oh the bittersweet joys of vacation. I got back from Florida a few days ago to a mountain of snow (literally - like 4 feet snowbanks), a pile of mail, a stack of dirty laundry, an overflowing inbox, rolling dust bunnies and lost car keys. Mixed feelings aside, after 12 days in the (mildly warm) sun, I'm excited to tackle this new year!
2012 was a year of change. On. Every. Single. Level. So this year's word will be balance. This will include mantras such as "work smarter, not harder", "stop and smell the flowers", "do less, live more", as well as personal and professional goals I won't bore you with.
As for the blog? It will be getting an overhaul in the following months and will expand into its next chapter.
Let's quickly review 2012 shall we?
1. In January I celebrated the new year in NYC and had my first blogger meetup with the lovely Mackenzie.
2. In February I packed up my Australian life and moved back to the Northern Hemisphere. I also had the immense pleasure to meet with the lovely Diane Bergeron during an impromptu trip to Melbourne.
3. In March I started a great collaboration with Vanessa of Damask & Dentelle.
4. In April I discovered Palm Beach Antiques Row. I also moved into my Montreal apartment.
5. May was definitely a highlight as I met up with some fantastic ladies and now good friends at Blogfest in New York and then at BlogPodium in Toronto.
6. In June, I launched the blog's redesign, Savvy Home design services and started a collaboration with Houzz.
7. In July and August I enjoyed the warm summer days in New Brunswick, New York City, Montauk and Maine.
8. September and October were big months. I started graduate business school, celebrated my birthday and joined Who What Wear's blogger network!
9. In November, I started my collaboration with Meg Biram's blog and was featured in To & From magazine.
10. Which brings us full circle to December where I featured tons of great ladies on the blog in my Christmas series The Joy of Giving and jetted off to Florida for a much deserved vacation.
Enough rambling. Time for the first worthy links of 2013:
Grace put together a great comprehensive guide to taking your blog to the next level.
Kate sparked up a conversation about past and future interior design trends.
Paloma hosted her own trend forecast with some of the industry's best.
Leandra rang in the new year with Ryan Gosling. Need I say more?
Bri advocated the benefits of saying more with less.