I wish I could do the same in my current rental - but then I'd end up sleeping in the living room or the kitchen. Not the best solution. So until I have a place to call my own to invest in a real dream closet (à la Nate Berkus above), I'm tackling closet organizers as part of my Spring cleaning this month, to make my current situation more liveable. Call me a clothes hoarder, but after only a year of moving into my apartment I now have all four of my closets bursting at the seams and no space for my shoes. Something needs to be done.
1. Bliss Studio Pierced Bone Mirror | 2. Mint Julep Cup | 3. Square Colored Basket | 4. Clare Vivier Catch All | 5. Lavender Laundry Sachets | 6. Coral Embroidered Hangers | 7. Natural Sleigh Woven Tray | 8. Petite Gallery Silver Tray | 9. Juice Mercado Baskets | 10. Graphic Printed Baskets | 11. Lilly Pulitzer Rousseau Ottoman
Here are a few of my favorite closet organizing tips. What brilliant storage solutions do you have to share?
- Use thin velvet hangers that will free up space while making sure that your clothes stay in place.
- Dedicate a closet in your home for off-season clothing and switch your closets twice a year.
- Boxes and bins can store things like scarves, belts, flats and other miscellaneous items.
- Organize smaller items in small containers, trays and cups to minimize chaos.
- Above all, edit edit edit. If you have barely worn designer clothes, consider selling them at consignment stores or online and as for the rest, donating to charity is always a good idea.